The Simple Fleet Management template is designed to help organizations manage a fleet of vehicles and to help ensure they are serviced and inspected on a proper schedule. If you need to manage a fleet of vehicles and track key information for operations and servicing, then this template would be a great starting point.
Simple Fleet Management Images
Setting Up the Simple Fleet Management App
Please following these steps to get the Simple Fleet Managemet app ready for use in your organization:
- You will need to assign the appropriate people to the security roles within the application. Go to Lookup Application Setting > Edit App in the left side navigation, and once the app design screen appears, select Security > Roles and Users in the left side design navigation. Then select each of the applications roles (discussed below in App Design Details), and use the right side panel, that appears when you select a role, to set who should be in the role.
Using the Simple Fleet Management App
An Editor can create new vehicle records and then mark them as ‘In Service’. At a later date an Editor could also mark the vehicle as ‘Out of Service’ or ‘Disposed’ (when the organization sells or destroys the vehicle). An ‘Out of Service’ vehicle can be returned to active status by being marked as ‘In Service’ again. Readers can view the details of the vehicles. There are views that show upcoming vehicle service and inspection dates, to help manage those processes.
App Design Details
- Create records for fleet vehicles, along with their service and inspection history’s.
- Manage key information and vehicle assignment.
- View and report on vehicles, including by pending service or inspections dates.
This application has two security roles:
- Readers – Can read existing Vehicle records.
- Editors – Can create, edit and delete Vehicle records, as well as mark them as in/out of service or disposed.
Expense Report workflow stages are:
- Draft – The Editors role and the record owner can edit and delete the record and the Readers role can see but not edit the record.
- In Service – The Editors role can edit and delete the record and the Readers role can see but not edit the record.
- Out of Service – The Editors role can edit and delete the record and the Readers role can see but not edit the record.
- Disposed – The Editors role can edit and delete the record and the Readers role can see but not edit the record.
Updating the Simple Fleet Management App
Don’t forget, as well as being a fully functional app that’s ready to go, the Simple Fleet Management template app can also be a useful starting point for you to build from. If you want extra information tracked for your vehicles or want additional views to sort them in different ways, you can make those updates yourself. Take a look at our support pages for guidance on how to make those changes, and give it a shot. And of course, we’re always available to help bring your vision to life – just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.