This template is designed to allow employee’s to enter vacation requests, and have managers track and approve them.
- Create vacation request records
- Approvers get notified of new pending requests
- Managers can approve, reject or return the request to the requester
- The requester will get notified of the approver’s decision
- View and report on vacation requests
Vacation Requests App Images
- Vacation Request records can be created by the Initiator, Editor and App Admin roles. Security for the record is detailed in the workflow section below.
- Security Roles, and their general purpose, are:
- Initiator – Can create new vacation requests.
- Reader – Can read, but not edit, vacation request records.
- Read Approved Requests – Can read, but not edit, only approved vacation request records.
- Editor – Can create and edit, but not delete, vacation request records, but only read approved or rejected requests.
- Approver – This role can approve or reject vacation request.
- App Admin – Can edit delete all vacation request record.
- Workflow stages are:
- Draft – Only the record owner can see the record, and they can edit and delete the record.
- Review – The Approvers and App Admin roles can add approval comments and approve/reject, and the Editors role can edit the whole record but not approve/reject. The Readers role can see but not edit records.
- Resubmit – The record owner can submit and edit everything except the approval comments, the App Admin role can submit and edit everything, and the Editors role can edit the whole record. The Delete role can edit and delete records.
- Approved – These records are read-only for all roles except App Admin, who can edit and delete them. The Read Approved Requests can see records at this stage but no others.
- Rejected – These records are read-only for all roles except App Admin, who can edit, delete and resubmit the record. The record owner can resubmit the record, at which time they will be able to edit it again.
- Workflow notifications are:
- Draft Stage – On Submit the Approvers role is notified that there is a vacation request waiting review. The email template is called Vacation Request Approve / Reject.
- Review Stage – On Approve or Reject the requester is notified of the chosen action. The email template is called Vacation Request Approve / Reject.
- Review Stage – On Return to Requester the requester is notified that their vacation request needs of updated if it is to be approved. The email template is called Vacation Request Return to Requester.