This template is to help manage bugs within a software application. You can track details of a bug and its resolution. It is intended that you should use a different copy of the application for each main software application you want to track bugs for.
- Create bug report records
- Track progress to resolution
- View and report on bug report progress
Bug Tracker Template Images
Setting Up the Bug Tracker App
Please following these steps to get the Bug Tracker app ready for use in your organisation:
- You will need to assign the appropriate people to the security roles within the application. Go to Lookup Application Setting > Edit App in the left side navigation, and once the app design screen appears, select Security > Roles and Users in the left side design navigation. Then select each of the applications roles (discussed below in App Design Details), and use the right side panel, that appears when you select a role, to set who should be in the role.
Using the Bug Tracker App
When a new bug is discovered in the software, enter its information into a Bug record. Once all the information is entered, click on the Post Bug Report button at the top of the form. A software tech will then review the bug posting and either mark it as Accepted or contact the poster to get more details. After detailed investigation the bug will then be marked as Resolved or Not Reproducible.
App Design Details
- Bug Report records can be created by the Editors & App Admin roles. Security for a Bug Report is detailed in the workflow section below.
- Security Roles, and their general purpose, are:
- Reader – Can read, but not edit, Bug Report records.
- Reviewer – Can read, but not edit, Bug Report records, plus review and Accept submitted Big Report records. (They would need another role to also be able to create and edit records.)
- Editor – Can create, edit and delete Bug Report records.
- App Admin – Can create, edit and delete all records.
- Workflow stages are:
- Draft – The Editors and App Admin roles, and the record owner can edit and delete the record.
- Submitted – The Readers role can read but not edit the record, the Editors and Reviewers roles can edit the record, and the App Admin role can edit and delete the record.
- Accepted – The Readers and Reviewers roles can read but not edit the record, the Editors and App Admin roles can edit and delete the record.
- Resolved – All roles have only read access, except App Admin which can edit and delete the record.
- Not Reproducible – All roles have only read access, except App Admin which can edit and delete the record.
Updating the Bug Tracker App
Don’t forget, as well as being a fully functional app that’s ready to go, the Bug Tracker template app can also be a useful starting point for you to build from. If you want extra information tracked for your bugs, want additional views to sort the bugs in different ways, or want to track bugs for multiple applications, you can make those updates yourself.